One of my faves- made extremely well by mom! I think it's a great start for the blog. :)Ingredients:
* Eggs= 4-6 (do not boil)*
Dry Coconut (copra)= 1/2 grated.
* Onions (large)= 2-3 - cut in thin slices
* Garlic= 7-8 + 1-2 crushed
* Dhania (Coriander/Cilantro) leaves= a handful
* Green Chillis= 1-2
* Ginger= 1-2 inches
* Tomato = 1
* Oil- 1 tbsp
* Salt as needed
* Sarson/ Mori seeds (black mustard)= 1 tsp.
* Hing (asafoetida) = a pinch.
* Turmeric= 1tsp
* Red Chilli powder= 1tsp
* Dhania (coriander) powder= 1tspFor 'garam (hot) masala' :
* Whole Dhania (Coriander) seeds= 2 tbsp
* Jeera (cumin seeds) = 1/2 tbsp
* Kali Mirch (Black Peppercorn) = 5-6
* Dalchini (Cinnamon)= 1 stick
* Elaichi (Cardamom)= 2-3
* Lavang (Clove) = 4-5
* Dry Red Chillis = 1-2(Roast the above 'garam masala' and keep aside.)Method:
* Heat oil in pan. Add1-2 garlic and stir till golden.
* To this, add onions and fry till transparent.
* Add grated coconut and fry(medium gas) till red brown.
* Remove from gas and put in mixer-grinder.
* To the above, add the 'garam masala' mixture, coriander leaves,green chillis, garlic (4-5), ginger and grind to a good paste. Add the tomato^^
and grind again till a fine thick paste is obtained.( ^^note: If you want the paste to stay for more days and used again later, keep aside the needed quantity for this curry and add tomato to this. The remainder can be frozen/refridgerated and kept for 3-4 days)
* Now put oil in a cooking vessel and heat.
* Add the crushed garlic pieces, stirfry till golden.
* Add sarson seeds and a little bit of hing.
* Take the ground paste and add 2-3 tbsp of it. Close the lid of the vessel and let simmer for 2 mins or so.
* To the above, add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and dhania powder. Mix well.
* Add water (1-2 cups) as much as you need depending on how thick a gravy you desire.
* Let cook for 2mins.
* Break raw eggs directly into this gravy. Do not overlap the eggs- let them fall in different portions of the vessel to ensure that each egg gets immersed into the curry.
* Cook on low flame and after 5mins Stir slowly around eggs so that the bottom does not get burnt. Cook for 3-4 mins more or till eggs are done.
* Serve hot with rotis/bread/steamed rice.(ps: The same recipe can be used as gravy for marinated chicken or paste for vegetables/pulses)